A BUZZFLASH GUEST CONTRIBUTION
by Danny Schechter
Some years ago, during a visit in Singapore, I noticed a huge building housing the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation. I registered the sighting as evidence of the emerging power of the East in the world economy.
We have all heard many wild explanations
Has to be amazed that perhaps T-Rex just
A BUZZFLASH INTERVIEW
... the Reagan people were using this phrase, "perception management." They understood that if you could manage the perceptions of the American people through the information they got, making sure it was only your side of the story and that the facts from the ground were filtered out, then they could control the American population. They did not want to see Vietnam again. If they had to do foreign policy interventions, they didn't want the American people to become an obstacle to them. -- Investigative Journalist, Robert Parry
A BUZZFLASH EDITORIAL
It was a week of startling revelations that included:
- The Pentagon issuing a report admitting that they had a department set up that helped create lies to convince America to go to war with Iraq.
- The Libby trial further revealing that Cheney orchestrated a campaign, with the approval of Bush, that included outing a CIA operative who specialized in tracking the illicit sale and possession of WMD’s, the very reason Cheney and Bush claimed that we went to war with Iraq over, but lied about.
- Congressional hearings unearthed multiple Bush Administration betrayals and deceptions including that the Iranians had offered awhile back to have comprehensive negotiations with the U.S. to help stabilize Iraq and even potentially recognize Israel. The Bush Administration ignored their offer.
- Among the many other Congressional hearing bombshells, we learned that the Bush "Viceroy" for Iraq, L. Paul Bremer, allowed the distribution of $12 billion in cash without requiring any record keeping.
- The Bush Administration continued putting naval and military resources in place to launch a nuclear airstrike on Iran.
But these and so many other bombshells – which strung together in just one week would merit the exploration of high crimes and misdemeanors (as in the impeachment of Bush and Cheney) – got buried in the sudden death of the only bombshell that really matters to television news ratings: the mysterious death of a bodacious blonde female celebrity.
Too many loops spoil the soup! What's the use of passing bills that are full of the same loopholes that have caused the trouble in the first place? Going through the motions without accomplishing anything is not good government and should not be tolerated.
MS. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON
This is not a withdrawal of our troops, letting them stay overseas in Iraq for the next ten years and call that a withdrawal. No. That's a stall. We don't need to give in to these warring Republicans -- period. Ten years in Iraq or the Middle East. Why is that? By then this world will be having a nuclear war if this is the way the US is going to withdraw our troops. Remember when the excuse for the 911 bombing was said that bin Laden was angry because the US would not move troops out of Saudi Arabia?
In a stunning announcement that shook capitals and media centers around the globe, White House press Secretary Tony Snow read a simple statement at an extraordinary 2 a.m. press conference last night revealing that George W Bush, the 43rd President of the United States, has entered an undisclosed medical facility for therapy. No further information was forthcoming as to whether the treatment was for emotional distress, drug or alcohol abuse or just an "executive timeout" but an eyewitness claims the decision for the President to enter rehab was anything but voluntary.
MS. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON
More proof that Americans need to see that the GOP goes down in our Congress like the Dodo (flightless bird, big head, stumpy, and said to be a simpleton) went down in history. No sign of them. They disappeared because it was said that they feared no man and were easily killed. The Bush GOP fear no one and get everyone else easily killed.